Friday, March 11, 2011

day 64: March 5th

The Lorax:

"I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees for the trees have no tongues."

We call Jake sensitive Sam. For some reason he is especially sensitive when it comes to animals and all things nature. He has come in the house sobbing when Cole was squishing ants... a typical boy thing to do, yelling that Cole was taking the poor ants away from their family. Same thing happened with potato bugs. Another time, we caught a lizard in Lake Powell. Again, Jake walked away very upset because the "lizard will die and his family won't know where he is at." We had to let the darn lizard go in order for him to calm down. That is why, I was not surprised in the least bit when he said his favorite book was The Lorax. I had no idea how to recreate this book without having to make a bazillion trees and so we settled for something a little easiee--Jake reading it!

webIMG_9655

No comments:

Post a Comment